Friday, June 01, 2007

Apparently, I'm Scary

Steve just called me from work to ask a question on behalf of one of his patients. She wanted to know which book Anne Shirley got married in. I, of course, had the answer to that. I could also answer which book she got engaged during and generally spouted my Anne knowledge to show off a bit. (I named a daughter Marilla, who was not named after Marilla Cuthbert, but rather Anne's daughter Marilla who doesn't appear until book 6. I know a bit about the subject.)

"that's just scary," he responded.

"Oh really? What Styx album had "Lady" on it?"
"ummmmmmm . . . ."

"I'm not buying it. You know. Who sang lead? What year was it released?"

"1975 . . . But it's not the same."

It's exactly the same. We're all scary about our passions.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Anne of Green Gables is my all time favorite-book/series. I have read it many times throughout my life. My Mom and I would read it every summer for years. She would wait until I was finished with one and then read it. She finally bought me my own. I have often thought about all the "life lessons" that were taught in those wonderful books. I think about "kindred spirits" all the time. I also think about how all the homes had names. I have always wanted to name my home.

Helena said...

Ha! That's funny.

Hmmm... if Anne's daughter Rilla was named after Marilla Cuthbert, does that mean your Rilla was also indirectly named after her?

Anonymous said...

I am Amy's older brother and I know the answer to the question about Rilla.

Yes, Marilla and Matthew were named after the Anne of Green Gables characters.

It is just coincidence that our Grandmother was also named Marilla. (Most of her friends called her Rilla too.)