Saturday, March 31, 2007

Off Playing

this is my sisters. I spent five days with them this week. We chatted, we laughed, we shopped (of course we shopped) we just hung out. I couldn't have asked for a better break. I came home refreshed and ready to be a better mom and wife and, I think, closer to my sisters.
Three of us took a car trip to Vancouver, WA. A long drive made shorter by good company and the grand invention of books on tape. Saturday and Sunday were mostly hang out days. We played Pollyanna (I didn't win. I very seldom do) we chatted and read books.
Monday was our big trip to the coast. We started out by making a stop in Beaverton, OR at a huge Japanese grocery store. The place was bigger than my local Albertsons. So fun! I picked up some curry and a box of Hawaiian Host chocolates. I haven't had those since I left BYU-H. After that, we headed to Cannon Beach. We had lunch at Mo's (chili in a bread bowl for me) and were lucky enough to snag a table by the window. There was a man flying a ship kite outside my window. I snapped a picture because I thought it was a very unique kite. I loved sitting there and watching the kite flyers and getting to watch the ocean while I ate. The food was good, but the view is incredible. After lunch, we walked from Mo's to Haystack rock.
The hike there seemed short. We visited and laughed and teased each other. Expressed general sympathy for women who didn't have it as good as we did. All the things good sisters do.

I took a bunch of pictures of the tide pools at haystack. It was a cloudy day so I didn't get the shutter speed I wanted, but some of them came out well regardless.

Right as we were leaving Haystack to walk back to the car, it began to rain. and blow. The walk back to the car seemed twice as far as it should have been. We were soaking wet by the time we got back to the car and I was regretting wearing the short sleeve top I wore because it was cute and not because it was suitible for a day at the coast in spring.
In Seaside, we went to the outlet mall. I ended up buying another purse. I seem to have a bag issue these days. We didn't head back to Vancouver until well after dark.
Tuesday, we woke up bright and early and headed to my sister's aerobics class. Dang. They exercise for an hour and that day the teacher decided to do step. My calves were burning for three days after that. I was also introduced to the fun of Sweet Tomatoes. Loved it! We need one around here.

We came home on Wednesday. On the way home, we stopped at Multnoma Falls. They are just gorgeous. The hike to the bridge is short and totally worth it. I took a lot more pictures than that one, but it's the ubiquitous shot and I liked it. (although I really wish we could have visited in the afternoon so the sun wasn't glaring at the top of the frame.) I won't bore you with the rest.
It's back to real life here. The kids had spring break this week, so they stayed at Grandma's house and it was sort of their vacation. I think Steve was the only one who didn't have a great week. Poor guy. He was happy to see me.

No comments: