Tuesday, September 30, 2008

small notes

--I love the beautiful gloss grape jelly takes on the minute you add the sugar to the juice. So pretty. I'm about 1/3 of the way through my jam project.

--It's scary how high Libby can get a swing going all by herself. She doesn't need me to push her because she can pump her way right up until the swing's so high she squeals with little thrills of fake fear.

--Joshua it seems doesn't want me to wash his football pants because then the lovely, bright white makes him "look like one of the wimps that don't play!" Two weeks down, four to go in the season. He doesn't carry the ball but he's a wide receiver. He's one of the boys that goes out and tells the quarterback what the play should be, you know the boys who rotate on and off the field every play.

--Life is easier with my new kitchen. Six months later I'm still in love. I've been canning nearly all month and I've yet to get frustrated enough to throw something. Last time I tried canning in my old kitchen I believe at least one hot pad and a wooden spoon went flying toward a wall. (not at any heads, Mom. I'm a big girl now.) There's a huge difference between 10 square feet of counter top and 50 square feet of counter top.

--I'm editing too many pictures. It was a lovely wedding, shot all in digital of course. I enjoyed being able to just get pictures developed and hand them off back in the day (and I miss my eye control focus on my film camera.) 200 pictures down, 500 pictures to go. I need to find my wrist brace. ouch.

No comments: