Thursday, May 04, 2006

News Flash: Pretend Business not so Pretend

why? Because I got my very own checking account! I know. It's about time. I could seriously be much farther ahead on saving for equipment and investing in advertising if I had done this when I first started taking pictures for money. But it's done now and I'm excited. In a few weeks a checkbook will be arriving on my doorstep that has just my name on it. I will be using it for things like tearing out the deposit slip in the back and depositting lots of moolah into the account. Well, that's the plan anyway.

I opened the account with two checks: a photography session fee check, and a royalty check from Polar Bear Press. The royalty check arrived on Saturday and that was almost as emotional as seeing my rub-ons for the first time. Yes, I'm a girl. Not only have I designed a scrapbook product, a company produced it, and people bought it. It doesn't get much cooler than that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

w00t,

Congratulations Amy! Big step forward.

Btw, the office manager at work told me that you are doing a sitting for her too. She seems excited.

Anonymous said...

stupid fat fingers,

The post above is from me.

Anonymous said...

...and I love those rob ons! They just so happen to be made from one of my all time favorite fonts, that you designed. :)