Tuesday, October 24, 2006

We would all like to think ourselves unique

But unfortuantly, statistics have shown that our name isn't. I've been faced with that reality since a small child. It's sort of a joke to me actually. Now I can make my total genericness completely official:


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
4,201
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?
My only comfort is that Steve is one of 7,284 and is therefore even more generic than I am.
Although, I'm starting to wonder if giving my youngest a name shared by over one million other women was a good idea.

1 comment:

Lara said...

My baby is an Elisabeth. I couldn't decide how to spell it so I said however it was spelled in the bible was how it would be. So I went with the S. I am sorry about it now because I am a Lara with a different spelling and I get sick of the confusion. I like the spelling, I just don't like the explaining.

I like common names as long as they aren't trendy. I have an Elisabeth, a Kathleen and a Christopher but then we call them all by nicknames. Go figure!