Monday, June 02, 2008

News Flash: Men are weird

This year for Mother's Day I got a grocery store card clumsily handed to me in the middle of church. that was it. No gift, not even a chocolate bar. I was moderately ok with this. I hadn't made a big deal about the big day or anything, so whatever. He usually gets me something nice, so one year of nothing shortly after getting a new kitchen is a forgivable offense.

Until Saturday.

I said: "what do you want for Father's Day."

Instead of giving the only appropriate response I would give in simmilar circumstances, namely, "oh nothing dear. You didn't get anything for your day, so we'll skip my day too." He actually gave me some suggestions for gifts he might like.

The only thing that kept me from decking him is that his suggestions were all under $20.

No comments: