Monday, May 16, 2005

Good Day

It was a good day today. Busy but good. This morning, I drove a friend to Boise to visit her baby. He’s in the NICU of one of the hospitals there. She gave birth three months early and today was only the second time she has gotten to see her baby. She barely got a glance of him the day he was born before they wisked him off on Life Flight to a different hospital. When I visited with her Saturday evening, she was excited to tell me that she got to touch him. He was three days old and she was excited to get to let his tiny hand curl halfway around her finger for a few minutes. Today she was so happy when she told me the hospital practices skin on skin therapy when the babies are strong enough. So happy to have those moments that I take for granted with my own baby.

I got to have some fun on my own while she was at the hospital. I bought a few things for myself and found some fun deals. That was nothing. I got to help my friend. She got to visit her son. That’s what made it a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that she got to see the baby. That will do them both more good than anything.