Thursday, April 06, 2006

A big Thank You

first, thanks everyone for your well wishes. I had a fantastic birthday. I spent a wonderful day with a good friend and a wonderful evening with the man I love. I had hugs and kisses from my children and phone calls from loved ones. It couldn't have been more perfect.

I know as an adult it's very easy for birthdays to be just another day and I firmly believe that everyone should have at least one day a year that celebrates how wonderful you are as a person, even if you aren't turning six.

I stopped wishing other people would make my birthday special for me a long time ago. Instead I celebrate myself and invite everyone to celebrate with me. Who could read my mind anyway? No one knows what I want unless I say what I want, so now I make my own plans. Steve is wonderful and enjoys helping me celebrate. I think my friends make a bigger deal out of my day because I'm making a big deal out of it. It's my birthday. It's my day. Yes, I'm turning 32 and that means I'm getting older, but I'm still here. I exist. I have a good life. That life is worth celebrating. It's very easy for me to get caught up in the daily grind, the little things that chip away at the good stuff. For one day I make it a special point focus on the good.

And it was a good day. thank you for helping me with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I think of my birthday as a big deal. I deserve one day a year to feel special and not have to cook or clean. LOL I am glad you had a good day!

Anonymous said...

:)