Friday, April 07, 2006

A Confession

Steve and I chat at movies. Steve is really bad. He actually heckles the screen, even with movies he likes. Quietly, but he's still talking. In a packed theater, viewing Return of the King on opening weekend, we're watching the end, the part where Frodo can't go on. He's crawling up the mountain and too exahsted, stops moving. Sam delivers his great line "I may not be able to carry it, but I can carry you!" picks up Frodo and struggles up the mountain. I have tears in my eyes and I'm all caught up in the moment and Steve leans over to me and says:

"Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!"

It's very hard to laugh that hard quietly.

So we have sort of stopped attending on opening weekends. You can thank us now.

Wednesday night was perfect though. Steve took me to a movie and dinner for my birthday. We do that so very seldom that it was a fun treat. We went to see Failure to Launch. A very cute rewrite of How to Lose a Guy. The theater was blissfully empty. We were the only two people in the movie. We could chat and laugh as loud as we wanted. It was like watching movies at home (if you don't like talking during a movie, don't come to our house) only with great sound and a big screen. Loved it.

Now all I have to figure out is how to get a baby sitter on a school night on a regular basis. ;)

No comments: