Monday, July 24, 2006

eleven

Sarah. today.

I still remember the exact time she was born. It's one of the very few things I remember from her birth. (It was difficult for me.) The doctor said, "make it 8:23" and two minutes later they gave me blissful oblivion in the form of general anethesia.

Today, she is eleven. She has three friends over and they are camped out in my livingroom. I offered a movie that none of them had seen before, and they turned me down for board games. They didn't need me to entertain them; they had it all worked out themeselves.

Which is good for me. That's my favorite type of party. One where I can actually relax.

1 comment:

Jared of the Glen said...

I thought about your family last night as Patti and I did our own little Pioneer Day mini-celebration (Hamburgers, lemonade, with green Jell-o). Give Sarah a birthday hug from Uncle Jared and Auntie Patti, and tease Steve for me. :)
And I guess you'll need to update your "Residents of Bedlam" profile, now.