Monday, April 04, 2005

. . . . and the rain comes down

It’s raining. Thank goodness. The winter was so dry this year. It’s nice to see some water. Living in a desert can be an interesting thing. It’s easy to forget when I can look out and see green lawns and tall trees, when the river is so close I can see the tree line from the top of my hill. It’s winters like we had that remind me of where I live.

Strange that we can all live in such a dry place but still take water for granted. I watch it run down my sink as I brush my teeth knowing that there is more behind it. I shower without thinking about how much I am using. I don’t use a dishwasher, but I would if I owned one.

So today, I will watch the rain and remember what a precious thing it is. I will enjoy the smell of wet pavement and the feel of the cool, humid air. I will give my children umbrellas and send them out to enjoy this gift we have been given today.

I love the rain.

No comments: