Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Big Reveal

Well, I spent quite a bit less than Trading Spaces would have, and it was my own money, but I didn't have to put up with Hilde, so I think I did all right. We got the couch yesterday and the rug showed up this afternoon. I still have to finish my curtains for the second window and paint and hang my picture shelves, but the main part is done. I am thinking I can live with the tablecloth until the perfect thing comes along, which is a relief. it's hard to find fabric in a print in green red and yellow that doesn't have Christmas trees on it. I will be finding a new fabric for my chair cushions asap. (maybe even this weekend) but here you are, my new livingroom. I'm a happy, happy girl. :)

Here's the couch and rug:

Here's the new entertainment center we bought in July. It came in a box but it's a huge improvement over what we had. (please ignore the uuuuuuugly speakers. I'll be buying my dh a new sound system for Christmas I think just to get rid of those, lol!) When we finish the basement, these will go downstairs to the family room and that wall will get a new doorway.

This is the wall grouping that started the redecorating itch ;)

13 comments:

Helena said...

Ooh, pretty! (I see you in the mirror!)

Anonymous said...

Amy -- Everything looks SO good! Congrats on the 'new' room! Glad you're so happy with it! :o)

Sybille, Jeremy & Dylan Moen said...

Wowzer Amy, it looks awesome!!! Congrats on your new room. So cute that you said you had this smile on your face... So enjoy the wonderful transformation - you so deserve it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy - this really looks great!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Amy your home looks so pretty- the kind of place where you want to sit and visit! GREAT job decorating~

Anonymous said...

It looks great, Amy! Can't wait to see it in person! That area rug totally pulls it all together!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this looks like the perfect place to curl up a read a book! SO INVITING! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Amy love the new room. I also love how Libby seemed to magically appear in almost every picture. I saw you in the mirror too. I can' wait to see it. Though with the price of gas these days who knows how long it will take.

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good, Amy. I'll be over to see it soon.

April said...

Looks wonderful Amy!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, girl! It's absolutely yummy!! I have the same exact green on my living room walls!! My furniture is blue. I'm thinking...man...I need to go red! LOVE IT!!!

Christy said...

Amy-Looks like it should be in a catalogue! Beautiful! I love the colors and the rug is an awesome touch!

Anonymous said...

Amy, everything looks great! I LOVE that rug, and the red couch is crazy inviting. Enjoy it!