Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Redecorating is really taking hold

I've put off decorating so long that now that I"m starting to do something about it, I'm a bit obsessed. Take for example my purchase this evening of this area rug:
I was browsing Pottery Barn's clearance section (which is the only section that even comes close to having something I can afford) when I ran across it. I had run it by Steve and entered my credit card number inside of ten minutes. it's a fantastic buy and will be perfect with my red couch and green walls.

All along I always said I was waiting to decorate until I could do what I really wanted. Deep down I felt that was just an excuse and I didn't believe I would ever get something I was happy with. The whole Pottery Barn taste, Walmart budget thing. I just get giddy when I see the way my livingroom is coming together. One of these days I should post a pic of my bedroom too. it's about as close to done as the living room. I'm loving it too. All soft golds and browns, very calm and relaxing but not cold.

yea me. happy dance and all that stuff. :)

3 comments:

Helena said...

Oooh, I like it!

Gwyn Calvetti said...

Really nice, and yes, we need pictures!

Anonymous said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooh, love this!!!