Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Drat! Foiled Again!

a few weeks ago I came up with a wonderful blog game. You were all going to love it. Trust me. Given me the Blog Queen crown and everything. great game.

See we were going to play 7 steps to Kevin Bacon blog style. This time you had to trace back through the list of people read in the side bars of the blogs to see how many blogs you had to go through to connect with Donna Downy. (Ok, so it could have been HS, CZ, or Ali Edwards but I like Donna's photo and I still consider myself one step removed from her, so Donna it was.) Ok, so it sounded like more fun in my head.

Here's where the bad part comes in. Unbeknownst to me, it has suddenly become unfashionable to list names of people in your side bar. When did this happen? All I remember is everybody had a list of friends a couple of dozen names long right there in the side bar and then all of the sudden you were lucky if they linked Dooce or Wish Jar. I feel so out of it.

Yet once again another trend has past by and I'm the geek again. Just like old times.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

really???? it's unfashionable??? I had no clue!!!! I ALWAYS use those sidebar links!!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! The only reason I quit listing mine on my blog was because it was getting too long! LOL I have too many favorites I like to read!

Anonymous said...

Oh. I didn't know that either! LOL. Actually I never did because if I left someone off they might feel bad! Glad i know it's OUT in case i ever decide to do it. Amy - your game sounds very creative though !

Helena said...

Huh! I have noticed the lists gone on just a few of the blogs I look at. I also, like Marilyn, never did one for fear of excluding someone.