Sunday, December 11, 2005

Small House Construction

We made our gingerbread house tonight. Luckily, I decided to go with a kit this year so there were no tears or toppling walls or colapsing roofs. I'm not sure I'd actually want to eat this gingerbread as I really don't care to chip a tooth right now. I already owe my dentist too much money. But who eats gingerbread houses anyway? seriously? My kids had a ball making it but I think over time they may consider it closer to torture. It'll be this lovely house of candy which they can't eat, perched carefully above the tv, tempting them. all week.

we are already getting the "when can we eat it?" question. I said never. who wants to eat a gingerbread house after it's been sitting aroud getting dusty for three weeks? Not that I think my kids will care about that. I'm very afraid that when the time comes to throw it away, someone will sneak off with it so they can eat the candy and I'll only discover the miscreant by the blob of dried up frosting by their cheek and I'll have to say, "Self, there's frosting by your mouth. better hide it before the kids see you've been eating the house again."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! We're doing a kit again this year, too. I did one a few years ago and it was MUCH easier than the old "how the heck do I get this to stand up anyway" thing. I leave those houses to my sister-in-law.