Monday, December 26, 2005

Time to Breathe

that's what tomorrow is. We've been running since Christmas Eve. It's been a great holiday though. the kids are thrilled with their gifts. Joshua and Sarah went running into Grandma's house yelling "We got guitars! We got guitars!" very inexpensive half size guitars, but something they can learn on and decide if it's a skill they want to persue. All Rilla wanted was a Doodle Bear. All Matt wanted was more GeoTrax stuff. All Libby wanted was chocolate. so we're good.

Christmas morning as we're headed into church Steve asks me what time we are opening presents. I tell him not until the next day. He flips. "What? It's Christmas! why not?" scheduling conflicts make it necessary. I explain and the whole time I'm trying to figure out why he reacted so strongly to this news. He really doesn't often care about this stuff. So we get to mom's and I go to say hi in the kitchen. As I'm sitting there visiting, in walks Matty with a little box all wrapped pretty. "open it, Mama." he says. The label reads, "to Amy, from Steve." I got my present a week and a half ago. (a professional camera tripod, btw. with the pistol grip. see he pays attention. isn't he a good boy?) I'm surprised to say the least. "what is this?" "open it." is the only answer I get. I refuse until he comes in the room. So I open it to find a small jewelry box. Inside is a beautiful set of pearls. necklace, earings, bracelet. Of course, I cried. I love pearls. He had hidden the box under my mom's tree so it would be found when we unwrapped presents as a family. He wanted to really surpise me with it.

oh yes, he is a very good boy. :) and he's mine. :)

off for the rest of the week! have a good end to your year. I'll be spending mine with family.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Awww!!!What a great guy!!Suprises like that are the best!

April said...

Awwww... How sweet of Steve Amy. Hope you're having a great week. :)