Friday, December 23, 2005

Stop Thief!



this time of year, many bloggers wax nostalgic about the upcoming holiday. I'm not going to do that. Mostly because I'm not a nostalgic sort of person. Once in awhile I'll get a bit misty thinking about my baby growing up, but other than that, nah. Not nostalgic.

So instead of my thoughts on past Chirstmas season and family traditions (which almost all involve homemade candy and board games,) I'm going to tell you about the theives that live next door.

Yes! the thieves! oh they are wiley ones too. It took many-a weeks before I noticed what they were up to. Of course, they were stealing from off the carport and I tend to avoid looking there. It's just a good avoidance technique, works for housework as well, in case you were wondering. Anyway, there I was, washing dishes at my window and I look up to witness my neighbor scampering out of carport and across the yard next door. The bold little stinker was carrying my property right there in his paws!

oh, yeah, did I mention he's a squirrel?

There's actually two of them and they steal my apples. Apples that I don't want anymore and due to my overwhelmingly effective avoidance techniques are still out in the carport long past their peak freshness date. The two will come one at a time about every other day. They carefully sneak up, watching the windows and perching on the apple boxes to be sure there are no witnesses to their crime. Then they grab an apple in their mouths and go scampering across the yard and up the tree next door.

Perching on the branch, they eat through their apples.


Needless to say, our neighbors are getting fat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheeky buggers!!!

Carin said...

Awesome shots of the squirrels Amy. How cute are they.

Anonymous said...

Hey... if you let them keep this up you may not have to actually get rid of the apples. The squirrels may do it for you. :)

Kate Thaete said...

"overwhelmingly effective avoidance techniques"... hahahaha. you're too funny. i have these too, but i just thought i was defective. now i have something else to tell my husband. ;)